Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day? How about VD-Day

So Valentine's Day has come and gone; making plans for 2-14 is a little more difficult when eating is not on the menu and going somewhere takes more effort than usual. But we managed to have a little date night on the couch and wrote each other sappy love notes, and it will be logged in Valentine's history as a decent run. So we're looking forward to next year.

VD-Day is what we're really looking forward to. For those of you who have forgotten about World War II, VE-Day was Victory in Europe, VJ-Day was Victory in Japan, and VD-Day is Victory over Drains. As of right now, they're still pumping out way too much. They are being bad drains. Bad drains! It's really frustrating, because they were down to around 40 total mL per day, and now they're running at over 200 total per day. Maybe that would have happened anytime the drains were moved- which would be bad if I was leaking and didn't have the drains in. Speculation. The point is, we're sick of this war. Sometimes I wish I had been Switzerland and just stayed home. But, I am where I am, and now I have to get better. Tomorrow, we're going to Stanford and maybe figuring out just what that entails. Will I need another scan? Another surgery? Or more waiting?

Well, my wound is healing. Still a long way out, but at this point, slow and steady wins the race. When it gets to the point where the wound vac comes off and there's just gauze covering it, I will consider that a huge victory. My drains had BETTER be done by then. Or else. Grrr.

I know I have many blessings to count, so it's not the worst thing in the world, but it is entirely frustrating. Please pray for VD-Day. To come soon. Like now. Which you have been doing. And I thank you all.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment