Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy 18-monthiversary!

Yes, I do realize that the above is not a real word. Yet, today is a year and a half since Dan and I got married, and I feel somewhat proud of that. Though, there are many things that have happened in the past 18 months that neither of us would have liked to happen, we have made it through those things together. Even now, when we are apart, we are pressing onward as one. Sometimes, I wish I could take some of the pain or vomiting or something so that Dan could feel better (sometimes, I think he would let me have it!). Yet, all I can do is support him in whatever way I can.

In a way, finishing nursing school is something I can do to support our little family of two. The sooner I am a nurse, the sooner we can move out of LA. Additionally, having a steady income will help Dan finish school in a timely manner, so that we can have two incomes. Though neither of us are under the impression that we will be rich, we cannot wait to be able to settle down wherever God wants us. Someday, we'd like to worry about normal marriage stuff: a house, children, traveling, investments, missions, the drapes, etc. (Maybe not about the drapes).

So, in the next year and a half of marriage, we have a couple goals: get rid of this cancer crap and get Dan whole AND be finished with school to be doing what God has called us to do. Of course, we have learned to remain very flexible in our "plans" because God decides to change them here and there.

Here's to many more monthi/anniversaries! I love you, Dan.

(For those of you concerned with lack of mention of Dan's health, I'm letting him update on another blog later because I'm not there to know all of what is going on. This parenthetical addition will irritate my hubby because he isn't too fond of blogging, but I'll just bat my eyelashes and pretend he can see them over the phone tonight.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary you two. You are both really cool, strong, wise people. I'm sure someday soon all this will be behind you and you can start worrying baout all those "normal" things couples worry about. We love you and are so proud of both of you. See you Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete