Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ugh

I have watched almost all of the old Office seasons in the past few weeks. I am currently watching the season in which Jim and Pam are separated while she is at school. They are miserable and argue and get upset about weird things and have doubts and count down the days until the schooling is over. I can commiserate. Though I truly wish Dan and I had a date to countdown to!

Dan seemed really good this morning on the phone, but as the day went on things failed to get better. Instead, they got worse. Dan's drains are still high and possibly more than before the 2nd pulling. Also, he's been running a fever since early afternoon. It's just so hard to be down here trying to be excited about Dan finally coming home and then WHAM! Another setback to the plan.

The doctor was pretty clear about the one thing that would halt the plan: a fever or Dan getting sick. Ugh. I am just hoping that McGreeky surprises us and sends Dan to LA anyway. Hoping a lot.

In other news, Dan was able to go without the wound vac for a day as his dad gained the permission of Dan's surgeon to add a couple sutures to the wound. They are thinking that it will make the wound heal more quickly. Dan will get a few more sutures every day for the next 4 days. Dan is really hoping it will work out, though if the wound gets infected again the wound vac has to go back on. As badly as I want Dan's wound to heal quickly, I would love anymore for him to heal without new problems. I suppose we'll just wait and see.

Forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but we are so very tired of no progress, of being apart, of flying back and forth, and for feeling downright rotten (well, Dan).
And now, I have reached the episode in which Jim and Pam are reunited in Scranton. The episode in which Dan and Ash reunite at home is hopefully sooner than I think.

Prayer Requests:
* No more fever ever and no hint of infection
* Endurance and encouragement for both of us
* Safe travels for me (flying tomorrow night and driving Sunday)
* Good health (I think I might be getting sick)
* Ability to get work done
* Peace and faith that God is still working
* Ability for Dan to come home to La Mirada next week
* Strength for our relationship...this is a 'for worse' situation

1 comment:

  1. translation of comment 1:
    Nine 份 said…
    ^^ thanking/apologizing thanking/apologizing 你 mark amount 享, celebration 你 life eternal colorful multi forms!

    ReplyDelete