Friday, February 26, 2010

Expanding my Stomach

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail from my doctor saying, 'start eating solid foods.' I'm still on TPN, and my stomach is really really small, so I can only nibble as of yet. But it is exciting to think 'I wish I could eat something' and then... eat something. I have to take it slow, but I'm hoping to expand my stomach (and hoping that my drains don't go crazy in the process). Also, I don't want to be overambitious with my eating and not be able to hold things down.
My fever's still hanging around, but at least it's still a low fever. The antibiotics should help. There's still a decent amount of pain in my life, but I'm starting to sleep a little better. I'm very tired of this. I'm ready to be done with it. I'm ready to be normal again. I'm ready to help my wife do things rather than her help me all the time.
I got a visit from the home health nurse today. She was very nice, though she probably won't be the one seeing me regularly. She was supposed to put the wound vac on, but since it's a very complicated wound, it needs a complicated dressing, which only a few nurses know. Anyway, someone is coming by later to put it on. It should help keep my wound from getting infected while it heals.
My friend Daniel is driving over from Riverside tomorrow to hang out and give me some 'man time'. It should be fun. We'll probably play Madden 10 on my PS3, which will be good since Daniel knows more about it and quite frankly, I'm losing faith in all the reviews that say it's the 'best Madden ever'. Graphics-wise, sure, it's very realistic (except for the weird running motion). But it seems like some of the better elements from previous games were taken out and replaced with worse things. Whatever.

Pray for:
Good eating and holding it down
Drain stoppage
Pain control
Good sleep
Less stress for Ashley
No more fever

No comments:

Post a Comment