Monday, February 8, 2010

How did I start blogging this frequently?

I'm going to blame the wife. She started this blog, knowing full-well that I didn't want to blog every day. Then she used it as a way for people to follow me through my epic journey through the hospital, and then she bats her eyes at me and says, 'can you blog tonight?' and I say 'fine.'

So today started pretty poorly. I threw up a couple times because my stomach is weaker and my gag reflex goes off more than I'd like. And the horrid part is, the first time I actually hit Ashley with some of it. She's a trooper, though. She cleaned up in spite of her being really tired from nights that don't contain 100% sleep. She's amazing. Anyway, my mom, Ashley, and I went to Stanford for a follow-up with McGreeky (she also made this silly name based on *gag* Grey's Anatomy) (I'm ok, by the way--not throwing up). Not much news there, except he said that he wants me to go to radiology on Friday so they can inject some contrast into my drains, take an X-ray, and see from where the drains are receiving their fluid (the pancreas itself or a separate fluid collection). Then my next appointment (next Tuesday), he wants to pull out the drains about an inch (I believe depending on the results of the radiology thing).
Speaking of the drains, one had been spouting out way too much fluid, while the other was quite tame. This morning when we emptied them, the spouter had dropped down almost to the level of the tame one! As of right now, they are still both pretty quiet. This is a good sign. I like good signs.
It's weird to be cold more than I am used to. We took Ashley to the airport today so she could attend some more classes (another reason I am blogging--probably the most significant one). When I got out, I forgot to have my sweatshirt on (I was not cold in the car and it wasn't that cold when we left), and all of a sudden, I felt like a shivering chihuahua. Ridiculous. I want my drains to dry up so I can eat again so I can put on weight so I won't be a shivering chihuahua. Also to help my skin not be so dry because I am slightly dehydrated.
I press on. We press on. This will not be forever. It sucks right now. But we're walking with God through it, and He won't abandon us.

Pray for
DRAIN STOPPAGE
ability to not throw up
rest for Ash
rest for me
wisdom of the doctors
physical stability so I can return to SoCal

No comments:

Post a Comment