Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quiet on the Western Front

Tonight, for the first time since October, Ashley will be sleeping 7 hours away from me. School starts tomorrow for her, and she had to go for a few important days before coming back up here (Biola is allowing her to miss some time). That time in October was the only other time in our marriage of almost 1.5 years where we didn't sleep together. It's going to suck, but things already suck. At least she can come back by Tuesday night. My mom will be around on Monday and Tuesday to help me while Ashley's away, but she won't be spending the night here. That's a right I reserve for my wife. :)
So it's kind of quiet today. One of my drains is acting up- it gave up a good amount of bile-y fluid this morning, but is quieting down. However, I think when the nurse emptied them, they equaled the combined total of yesterday. So if nothing else comes out of the drains today, it'll be the same as yesterday. We'll just have to watch it to see if it's a new trend or an anomaly.
When the doctor finally came in around 12, I told him how much I wanted to go home; if I'm waiting for my drains to dry, may as well wait at home where I can actually get some sleep, you know? He said he wants to see at least two more wound vac changes, so on Wednesday, he can think about it, but of course other factors are involved, and it's all so very tricky, an art really, so we'll just have to wait and see. Unpopular answer, but probably the best. So. Not much new to report.

Pray for the usuals:
drain stoppage
accelerated wound healing
rest
absolutely no new complications rearing their ugly heads

No comments:

Post a Comment