Friday, January 8, 2010

Wait wait wait

That is all we are doing right now. Waiting.

Dan and I arrived at Stanford before the sun came up to start the pre-op process. After starting an IV, meeting the anesthesia team and the surgery team, and a healthy dose of Versed...they took him to the OR. Gah, I hate that part.

Now, we (my parents, his parents, my grandma and my brother) are sitting in the surgery waiting area. Stanford has an interesting little airport-like screen showing where each patient is in the surgical process. Dan's number has been sitting at "Go" for an hour now, which means everyone is ready to start but they haven't started yet. Ugh. We are anticipating an 8-hour surgery, so I suppose I might as well just relax. Ha.

Dan was warned that he will wake up with 2 IVs, an art line and a central line. Good grief. Thankfully, he will also wake up with a PCA (aka: the Pain button). Additionally, the anesthesiologist mentioned that he may not need to go to the ICU. As the wife who would like to stay with Dan, I am hoping he just goes straight to a normal room. Stanford's ICU has nit-picky visiting hours.

I suppose that's all for now. I wish I had more information. Hopefully, soon.

Prayer Requests:
* Surgery goes as planned--no bad surprises. We don't want to see the surgeon early.
* God's guidance for the surgeons
* Peace and strength for those in the waiting room
* Good news! A successful surgery with great results.

1 comment:

  1. Molly and I will be praying, Ashley! Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete