Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sleeping

I do not have problems sleeping. I can curl up practically anywhere (as long as I'm warm) and fall asleep. This trait of mine will be especially handy in the next weeks, as I will be sleeping in a variety of places. Perhaps a cot will turn up somewhere on the unit, but I have a sneaky suspicion that a chair will be my bed very often.

The only problem I do have sometimes is when I have to sleep alone. The last time Dan was in the hospital, we weren't married so sleeping alone was all I knew. Fortunately and unfortunately, I now know the loveliness of having someone beside me as I sleep.
As I think about this surgery and its nearness, I really am getting sad about the sleeping part of my day. I know it's a silly thing to think about in this time, but the heart chooses interesting things to focus on.

Anyway, the surgery is less than 2 days away.

Dan says, "It's about time." (Dan: 'To clarify: it's like... going away to college. It's a big deal, and there's always that feeling that you'd like summer to be just a week longer, but really, when it comes down to it, you just need to go.')

As for me, I wouldn't mind falling asleep and waking up when Dan's ready to go back to our little apartment. God willing, that day isn't too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment