Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eating

So it's update time; sorry for not blogging yesterday. I tend to forget when Ash isn't around; she's more motivated than I am.
Yesterday and today were very similar. My mom came both days, we did the cryptoquip and crossword, I walked, watched TV and movies, and perused facebook more than the average day. The main difference was that yesterday I ate broth and jello, and today I had more milky products like cream of wheat and what may become a dietary staple in the coming weeks, Ensure (or other protein supplement to gain weight). Once again, they're working me up to solid food and seeing how my bowels respond. So far, everything's moving through. (yayyyyyy)
But here's the rub: this exact thing happened last time, and at the end of the solid food day, I was in some nasty pain and eventually threw up, restarting this process. I really want this food trial to work, but at this point, I can't say what I think will happen.
Ashley has been working her gluteus maximus off back at school these past two days, and for that I am really proud of her. She's going to make an excellent nurse one day. But for now, nursing school still makes her life pretty stressful. Tomorrow, she'll drive up and actually be on a break! Praise the Lord.
Insurance has been really weird. They kept trying to shirk payment of my bills by claiming I had an accident I didn't report. Yes, I had an accident that meant I needed a Whipple surgery. April Fools! If Obamacare makes health insurance worse, I'll really need God's healing! (not that I don't need it now...)
Anyway, please pray for one thing: that this works and we can go home together (and maybe even go to Easter with our extended family!).
Thanks friends. More to come later.
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment