Monday, April 12, 2010

Done (hopefully)

I am not in Palo Alto, but I am not home yet. I'm in Lodi for a brief waiting period to make sure I'm ok before I move 6 hours away. It was thrilling today to leave the hospital, to have my PICC line and staples removed, and to eat some steak at my parents' house with my two foreign exchange sisters. If everything goes fine tonight (sleeping) and tomorrow morning (eating and such), I will complete the journey home to my wife, who is going bonkers right now with homework and trying to get the apartment clean. I love her a lot.
This one will be short because I procrastinated until the end of the day to write this (to be fair, the first part was spent waiting for discharge and the second was spent in an internet-less car ride). But I figured this was blog-worthy, so here you go. The fruition of a boatload of prayer. But we're not out of the harbor yet. After all, I have been known to eat and suddenly become unable to eat. The doctors removed all the obstructions in my bowels, but if they can appear suddenly, they can come back suddenly. Please pray that they stay away so I can stay home. :)
Also pray for:
Safe drive to LA
No other complications (like fever)
Ability to ingest enough food and drink to sustain myself
Quick healing of my incision, which still hurts when I walk
My facebook friend Mary, whose cancer has resurfaced in her liver and the doctors don't have a clear idea where it's coming from
My real life friend Paul, who's recovering from pretty nasty pancreatic cancer
Peace in the Middle East while you're at it

2 comments:

  1. Keeping track of your blogs and praising God for the progress. Thanks for the prayers for Paul, he had a confused period, but is OK now that we are more consistent with the Lactulose. He is coping with the diarrhea, but that is far better than his blackouts and strange behavior. Praise God for creating our bodies to heal. We pray for your safe return home. I am reading "If God is Good" and David preached on suffering Sunday. Lots of applicable ideas to build my faith. It will all be worth it, the author writes. I can see glimmers of this, especially as I get older.
    Blessings and grace,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete