Saturday, April 3, 2010

Night One

Dan made it back to his room accompanied by lots of tubing, though not as many as after his last surgery. After the nurses got everything situated, I could finally say hello to my hubby after a few hours of waiting. He is still in a good deal of pain, though the PCA (pain button) has helped considerably. I have yet to see the incision, as Dan is tucked in and cozy for now. The NG tube is still in, but draining only a small amount.

Dan wanted to know how the surgery went, so I told him, but I bet I'll have to remind him tomorrow. He wants the surgeon to explain it, too. Hopefully, morning will find him feeling better and more alert. Of course, there is probably a long road of healing up ahead. Our prayer is that the recovery goes as smoothly as the surgery did.

Pray for no complications (no infection, no internal bleeding, etc.) and a cooperative digestive system. Also, pray for easing of the pain so Dan can sleep and regain strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment