Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not a bad day at all

Dan here, taking on blogging duties.
Today was pretty good. I found out that discharge is possible by the end of tomorrow at earliest; it's contingent on my ability to eat an amount large enough to keep me hydrated (which could be soon) and my wound's inability to develop an infection. So... awesome!
I also got to watch a great hockey game between Boston and Washington; it's unfortunately rare these days to see the great game televised.
Ash and I filed our taxes, which was done with considerable difficulty with things scattered between Stanford and LA. A refund from our nation's deficit will be nice.
A couple of friends from church surprised me today by stopping in; they had come up from LA to a wedding in Stockton and impulsively decided to see me in the hospital.
My mom came by also and brought some matzoh ball soup for me. I had asked earlier for some, since I missed Passover, but yesterday asked her not to bring it, because Stanford's soups had been both plentiful and banal. However, she brought it anyway, and I thought I'd try a little bit. Turns out, it was really good. Lots of flavoring. I had a whole bowl. I might have another in a little while.
I'm really hoping that I can get out soon. It's been too long that I've been away from home. It feels so right when I'm there. Plus, it means more clinical hours for Ashley when she dresses my wounds.
Thanks for praying for us. Keep praying; I'm not out of the woods yet. I have to get out of the hospital, have an embolization procedure, and then a second surgery--- then I will be cancer free!
Prayer Requests:
Continuous increase of appetite
No fevers/infections
Discharge soon
No coming back to the hospital with complications

No comments:

Post a Comment