Thursday, April 15, 2010

En Casa

For the third time this year, I'm back home. This time I have a good feeling that there won't be a fourth time until after surgery numero dos. It feels so right to be here. I've been eating a lot more than I was in the hospital; I think I could be up to normal rations relatively soon. Ash cut my hair today, and I preceded that with the shaving of my massive hospital beard. I had considered keeping it for the Colorado Avalanche playoff run, but I've never liked a beard that could catch food. My wound from the bowel obstruction surgery is still a little painful, but not as much as it was in the hospital.
So basically things are going great. We'd really love for them to keep going that way. It's been nice being able to have our prayer times not be all about things we need, but about the things that God has done, or even to get to pray for other people. The one lasting prayer request we have (aside from loads of thanks that I'm out of the hospital) is for no more complications. For now, take a minute to sit down, relax, and enjoy your home too.

2 comments:

  1. YAY FOR HOME! SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND ASHLEY:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! We'll pray for continued healing and no complications. Praise God!!!!

    ReplyDelete