Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Passing

Today's theme is Passing.
Passover is today (I think?), when God spared the children of Israel right before His mighty deliverance from Egypt.
This morning, I caught the end of To Kill a Mockingbird on TV, including the immortal moment when everyone stands and the old black man says to Scout, "Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing."
I am passing gas.
I am also passing through the contrast from yesterday's test.
Therefore, this morning, the doctor passed on the surgery option.

You read right. No surgery today. Hopefully no surgery at all.

The doctor said that my study looked normal. He even showed us the images. Neither he nor the radiologist nor I could see any dilation. Combined with me passing gas and contrast out of my system, he felt like surgery was not necessary for fear of opening me up, running his hands all over my intestines, and finding zilch. We're kind of relieved, since the surgery is a big deal, but also a little nervous that the food trial will yield the same result as last time. We'll take it slow, though, and pray that everything works fine.

Is this what we've been waiting and begging for? After months of prayer coming back seemingly answered with a 'no' or 'not yet', is God saying yes? The only thing that could have stopped the surgery was a clean study, and that's what I got. Will this last, or will it be only a moment of triumph? I don't know, but I'm going to flood God's inbox with e-mails asking that this be the end of my complications. So to speak. I hope you will do the same.

This, too, shall pass.

Pray for:
Successful food trial (no more need for hospitalizations or surgery)
Safe travels for Ashley (who is going back to school for a few days to pick up some much-needed clinical hours)
My release from the hospital by Easter
and thank God that I won't be in surgery in 4 hours as was thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment