Monday, March 22, 2010

Good news is good, you betcha

I like good news. Get ready for some.
There was zero drainage in my gravity-induced bag and my x-ray looked good, so this morning the doctor pulled out my NG tube! At first, my nose was extremely confused. My throat hurt a little bit, but that only lasted a while. I feel SO much better now. As of now, my new diet is sipping on clear liquids. If that goes well (which it is so far), I can drop the 'sipping' part. And advance as possible after that. It feels good to taste things again, and also to not be confined by my nose. Pray that things continue to go well!

Ashley is back at school. It's sad that she wasn't here for the gloriousness of the NG being removed, but there will be plenty more good times for us to share in the future. Unfortunately, tonight she is headed to the ER to check out some belly pain that has been off and on in the past months. Pray that nothing is wrong with her so she can make her scheduled flight on Tuesday night.

Well, I need to go because the battery's dying and I'm due for a walk around the unit. Keep praying-- I am encouraged by all of your prayers. Hopefully tomorrow I can give some more good news.
:) /\ |\|

1 comment:

  1. Our God is good, all the time, even when He refuses to be good on OUR time schedule! I love
    that I get to be part of the prayer team, and
    praise Him when he answers my prayers!
    You'll be home in no time! Ashley, look in the mailbox when you get home again! love Katamoran

    ReplyDelete