Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Marriage without homework

I don't actually know what marriage without homework is like...we got married, went to Hawaii, came home and moved into our Biola apartment. It was a whirlwind.
With Dan being a senior at Biola, he had lots of projects and internship hours to finish before finally earning his film degree. With me being a nursing major, well, I just had a lot of nursing school. In addition to school, we thought we should be be responsible married people and actually work :) So, I've been a CNA (certified nurses assistant) in a local hospital for about 3 and a half months. It's a messy job, but I really do love the people and the nurses who take me under the wing to teach me as I get closer to my RN. Dan, in another act of God's grace, found an internship with the NFL...with pay! Having two paychecks allows us to squeak by, but thankfully we're getting some help with all those other bills that come in the mail: CTs, MRIs, blood work, Stanford appts, x-rays, meds, etc. God has truly blessed us with supportive families.
As much as we both love all we have going on in this segment of our lives, Dan and I have felt the weight of busyness. We both joke that if we weren't married yet, we'd never see each other! Though we're able to spend some time with one another, it's remarkable how little time we have for everyone else. Four months have gone by since we got married, and our communication skills have diminished under the load of work and homework and school and marriage.
For this reason, much to the chagrin of my non-blog-loving husband, I've decided to start up a blog. Now, don't expect a post everyday, but at least this will help our family and friends to know what's going on in our lives. It'll mostly be me writing, as Dan truly dislikes this task, though I might convince him every now and then to give a piece of his mind.
I don't have everyone's email, but I know that if I let both of our mothers know that this exists, half of the country will know about it within the week.
So, hold on tight and check in on us every now again. We live a crazy life.

4 comments:

  1. Miss you guys. We should get together during interterm if you're around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading your blog from time to time! You two do live a crazy life, but I'm sure you would have it no other way:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to keep us updated...and I just MIGHT pass this address along...MAYBE..hahaha! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blog, Ill be reading this one. Dont let me down like half of my other blogs and sputter out after 4 entries.

    ReplyDelete