Sunday, December 28, 2008

49ers win!

It was a good day for a football game.
Tailgaters, the 49ers faithful, were happy and partying.
Ashley was wearing my old 49ers jacket from when I was like 10.
I was wearing my Frank Gore jersey and my new leather 49ers jacket.
Daniel was wearing his authentic Alex Smith jersey (eww).
Mom was wearing my Daniel Howen customized jersey.
Dad was wearing a stylish hat.
My 49ers came up big against the Washington Redskins and finished the season strong, going from 2-7 to 7-9. It was my first pro football game since 95 (SF vs Panthers) and that was a preseason game, so technically my first pro football game. It was a good day.
After the Chargers disassembled the Broncos, my weekly football predictions reached the final record of 163-92-1 (63.9%), not too shabby. I should check the ESPN analysts and see how I did in comparison.

Jess, Matt, and Ryan made it to Seattle. Ashley made it to the shower and warmth. I think we're headed to Santa Rosa tomorrow for one last day before we come back to the apartment. I hope that a) there hasn't been any flooding and b) Biola's wonderful facilities crew has prevented any future flooding. It'll be good to see our school friends again and just chillax with each other until school starts again in about four weeks. Anyway, I'm done. 

Ashley wanted to add an addendum, so here it is:
I really had fun at the football game, but I was frustrated by the amount of showy-ness that was manufactured. I'm used to baseball games, in which the game itself is exciting. When those 9 players come out to the diamond, the fans cheer. Do football players really need a huge inflatable helmet and fireworks for people to be thrilled? Probably not. Still, it was entertaining...which, I'm told, is the point.
Also, I am not quite ready to return to Southern California. I miss trees and green and family while I'm in La Mirada. Hopefully, my husband will acquiesce to my persistence and let us stay in Santa Rosa until Tuesday or Wednesday. 
Finally, isn't it odd that Dan said he didn't like blogging (thought starting one was a silly idea even) but has blogged more than I in the past few days? 

(Side note: Dan took over for me in my Yahtzee game, asked my opinion of a play and completely ignored it. Lovely.)

Dan's addendum to Ashley's addendum: The times that we played Yahtzee, I won most of the time anyway- besides, my decision had no effect on the final outcome. Also, I think she uses too many colors. She was probably the kid who hogged all the crayons in kindergarten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment