Monday, January 12, 2009

No drunken stories to tell.

I just got back from work, and I should be asleep already, but Dan must finish his game of Madden. He waited up for me, I suppose I should do likewise.
Work was nuts tonight. One patient had 29,000 wbcs, another was injured because his wife backed into him and still another called herself the "prima donna"...trust me, she earned the name. Oh, and I got to hide a two-year-old in the shower of a room so she could visit her grandma. My favorite finding: my 5'9'', 288 lb patient turned into a 2 and a half month old baby in pink (the baby's dad and my patient was in the bathroom, but still, I was startled!).
Anyway, the shift went by pretty quickly for a Sunday and we ended up talking in the lounge waiting to clock out. As the other CNAs discussed the stupidest things they did while drunk, I read Good Housekeeping looking for new recipes. I listened, though, and was not sad that I could not contribute to their tales. Driving across town while "plastered" or ending up with a broken leg but not remembering how is not something I want to boast about. Regardless, I was always the sober one watching people do entertaining but stupid things. Then, I would drive them home and not remind them of their antics the next day. I think I'm glad to have missed out on some parts of high school.
On another note, I dislike buying nursing books. Especially when the Biola Bookstore gets things wrong and penalizes people trying to be frugal and forward thinking. Thank you, Biola Bookstore. You may lose a fan on Facebook, soon.
Dan has nothing he'd like to add to the blog. He is disappointed in the playoffs, but refuses to complain because at least he's watching the playoffs. He's quite tickled the Mannings and the Patriots are out, but still touchy whilst talking about the 49ers not making the playoffs.
At this point, Dan is trying to make his Madden superstar more agile and marketable. I'm just trying to write coherently. Well, I'm going to bed...he'll get the hint when it gets quiet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment