Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home again, home again.

So, after a few busy holiday weeks, Dan and I are back home in La Mirada.
We shared New Years Eve with some friends and shared New Years Day (Football Day) together after I got called off work. Apparently, not many people want to have surgery right before the holidays come along, so work has been sparse the last month or so. Honestly, though, it's been nice to have the time to spend at home.
Dan has been very busy lately...so much football to watch! Seriously, though, he logged some long hours at NFL Network where he was working until today. I finally got to see the office and studios today, and it is quite obvious why Dan liked it there so much. There is football around every corner. One hallway was even lined with Fat Heads. No joke. His boss thanked him for a job very well done and handed him a card. Dan would have a job waiting for him if he didn't hate commuting so much. My husband knows his football, is a hard worker, and it's easy to understand why NFL would want him to stick around :)
After driving around for a while and visiting Gaga (Dan's grandma), we tackled cleaning the apartment. The words "neurotic" and "OCD" were used frequently in reference to me. It is generally on cleaning days that I realize how much I love organization, tidiness, and the smell of Clorox. And yes, I do realize I have a slight problem.
Anywho, the excitement for tonight will be Thank You cards and watching the Patrick Swayze interview with Barbara Walters. After all that chemo, I have to figure out how he still has hair!

1 comment:

  1. how do you determine which colors to use to highlight words? I have a sneaky suspicion that you have fun with it, though. =)

    ReplyDelete