Monday, September 16, 2013

One tough cookie

Dan has had a rough few months. There's no way around it. Summers have just never been too great for him. We keep hoping for a summer with no surgeries!

May: Brand new baby! Exciting and exhausting.
June: Interviewed for new job by flying to NorCal and back in the same day. Began packing process and looking for a new house.
July: Spleen surgery. Pain, lethargy, pleural effusion, ER trip. Still packing and caring for brand new baby. Moved to Lodi.
August: Started new job. Belly swelling, still tired and hurting. Moved into new house with wife with bad back. Paracentesis #1.
September: Still teaching and coaching. Paracentesis #2. Still swollen and tired. Lots of doctor appointments. New meds. Nearly collapsing at football game from severe leg cramps.

Dan has endured this with very little complaining. He is dealing with health issues while working nearly non-stop and helping to raise a tiny human. He is constantly surrounded by papers to grade. He still smiles at his son. He still does dishes when he has the time. He still tries to make me feel loved (ie. letting me shower or run while he watches the baby).

Please join me in praying for Dan's healing. He needs some time of peace and comfort. He needs to be able to get healthy again so he can catch up on his work. He has a job that is very close to being perfect for him, but he's too tired to do it as well as he wants. He wants to feel good enough to play on the floor with Abe. Dan just needs to feel better.

As his wife, it is getting harder and harder to watch Dan be sick. I hate it. I try to trust God for His timing, but I'm getting frustrated and impatient. I'm not proud of it, but I feel like Dan's been forgotten.

Before someone jumps to remind me, I do know we have been immeasurably blessed. Baby, house, great job, insurance. Please do not assume that I am not grateful. I'm just sad.

Please pray for my tough cookie. He'll never complain to anyone else, but he feels bad. Pray for healing: complete and fast. Pray for endurance. Pray for God to change my heart if He isn't going to change the circumstances. Pray that I can support Dan as much as possible by taking care of the baby and our home. Pray for our marriage. Pray for peace and trust in the LORD. Just pray.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all. I would love to help in whatever way I can. Please.

    ReplyDelete