Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rough day? A bit.

So, Dan's procedure went well and ended at about 7pm. He had to stay in recovery for a while to wake up, and the doctor decided to keep him overnight to watch for possible complications. Dan's still really tired, though he woke up long enough to eat some jello and crackers. He's not in a lot of pain, but his stomach is wobbly. He won't go so far as to say it's sick feeling, but he's not feeling great. Stupid anesthesia.
Tonight we watch for his ability to keep fluids and food down and make sure his liver isn't bleeding through the wound it got today. As long as Dan can eat breakfast well and isn't actively bleeding tonight, he'll be discharged in the morning.

Amazingly, Dan was given a private room AND I got a cot! What? The first day? Awesome.
I've been sitting here applying for nursing jobs, while he's asleep. The nursing job market is horrible to say the least. Several polite rejections after making it through the last interview process is getting old. You'd think graduating top of the class, having CNA experience and good communication skills would get you somewhere...not quite.

Dan and I are really beginning to feel the strain of the unknown. We need to know where I'm working before we can move, and we have to be out of our apt on June 19th. Prayers for guidance and a job are coveted. I know that God is guiding me to where He wants me, but this time period kinda sucks.

Prayer Requests:
* No bleeding or complications
* Dan's ability to eat and a hearty appetite
* Safe discharge tomorrow
* Continued health of bowels (no obstructions ever)
* Great re-growth of liver tissue
* A job for me...soon!
* Peace in yet another period of unknown

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you both! Ashley, I hope that you find a job soon! Before you have to move out! And Dan I'm praying that there will be no complications and you'll get your appetite back!

    ReplyDelete