Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmastime is Here

As of today, Dan and I are both on Christmas break! Finals and papers are finished, and Christmas shopping has begun. As of now I am waiting for Dan to get home from shopping with Arismendi, so we can go to the nursing Christmas party. It will be the first time all of us nursing students can sit around and relax. Ahhh.

The next few days will be filled with trying to be thrifty while picking out good gifts. It's the thought that counts, right? Having such interesting and creative in-laws makes it very difficult to think of ANYTHING to get them. We'll see what we find...
For one of our presents to each other, Dan and I are going on a celebratory date to Chili's (upscale, I know) and watching It's a Wonderful Life for the first time of the season. Yay! It will be so lovely to sit and enjoy each other without thinking about homework.

We'll technically be going home on Saturday, though we won't arrive in Rosa until the wee hours of the morning. Dan's grandma's memorial service is in Pasadena...then, off we go!

Of note, Monday will be a Stanford day--one for which we would love prayer. We're meeting with a couple doctors to figure out what lays ahead as far as treatment goes. We'll give more information when we have it. Dan isn't fond of hypothesizing, so I won't do any here either :)

I love this time of year, but trust me when I say this is going to be a very crazy next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. You are both in my prayers mucho. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that you both are going to be able to relax now and enjoy Christmas break:)

    I'm praying that your drive will be safe, your trip to Stanford will be good and filled with answers and hope, and your Christmas and New Years wonderful!

    ReplyDelete