Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine

So, I was supposed to go to Mexico this coming Saturday. After hearing so much on the news about the "Swine Flu," I became a little weary. Dan flat out told me, "You're not going." Then, the CDC said it was fine to go to Mexico--just stay away from the sick people. Great. How were we supposed to run a medical clinic AND stay away from sick people? Several emails and frustrated phone calls from students and parents convinced the nursing program to cancel the Mexico trip. Thank goodness.
As of now, "nonessential" trips to Mexico are to be postponed if you listen to the CDC. 150 people dying of the same flu within a few weeks seems like adequate evidence to keep us away from the border. I really didn't want to bring that bug back to Biola or to my patients at the children's hospital (CHOC). Phew.

Speaking of patients, I have my first night shift at CHOC tonight...on the Peds Oncology unit. I'm thrilled! Though, I'm going to crash when I get home :)

Dan is finishing up his observation hours for teaching and trying to catch up on tutoring hours since kids keep canceling on him. Oh, and he's 3 weeks from graduating. Yay!

The semester is finally slowing down. I feel it. Oh, summer come quickly!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're not going to Mexico! Stay safe:) Yay for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so glad u didnt go to mexico!

    ReplyDelete